Many people believe that skipping their meals would help them in losing weight!. Which is absolutely wrong as they are not only depriving their body of the energy it needs but also affecting its metabolism, resulting in health related issues.
Breakfast- Don’t skip it. its the most important meal of the day. Make certain that you eat healthy breakfast providing you with energy and other essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals and protein.
It will help you kick start your metabolism, helps you in maintaining your weight!. According to a study published in American Journal of Epidemiology, people who skip breakfast are 4 times more likely to be obese than those who take their morning meal. Besides enriching your body with energy, morning meals will help you in regulating your cholesterol, protecting your heart, lower risk of diabetes 2 and many more.
An American Chocolate Company Kuku Xoco, is claiming to develop a “Medicinal Chocolate” containing of only 35%fat, and micro grams of herbal plant extract( This plant is found in Andean region of Bolivia and Peru, and micro grams of this completely de-bitters large amount of unsweetened cacao).
Cocoa or Cacao, which is a key ingredient in chocolates, has many benefits as it contains anti-oxidants and minerals. As per research, cocoa protects the nervous system, and helps in lowering blood pressure in people with risk of high Blood Pressure!. Many companies usually add a huge amount of sugar and fat to override the taste of bitter taste of cocoa.
This company is endeavoring to develop chocolate with only 10% of fat and sugar. It believes Sugar is the “ Next Nicotine. Artificial sweeteners are found mostly in all the food products these days which is adding to various health complications.
A recent study at University of Georgia has revealed that a cup of coffee can help in boosting your daily workout and aid in improving endurance.The researchers took a closer look at previous studies on caffeine, coffee and sports. Getting caffeine by drinking coffee has ergogenic benefits.
It stimulates the Central Nervous System and reduces fatigue, perception of work and effort and even pain. It also enhances fat utilization in the body. But do pay attention to the amount of caffeine (
Coffee) you ingest!
Proteins are one of the building blocks of our body tissue, and also serve as a fuel source. It is an essential nutrient. Good source of proteins are meat and eggs, but people who are purely vegetarian, following are the alternatives:
- Green Peas
- Cottage cheese
- Thick Yogurt
- almonds, cashews, and pistachios- contains around 5 or 6 gms of proteins per ounce
- Green Vegetables-Vegetables don’t have nearly as much protein but some do contain significant amounts of it. E.g. raw spinach and chopped broccoli
Besides Lemons (Indeed a rich source of Vitamin C), following Vitamins- Loaded Ingredients also helps to STAVE OFF colds and BOOST our immune system.
1.CARROTS– As you know, they are loaded with Vitamin A and fiber and are highly nutritious. Chop and add to other veggies or relish carrot juice.
2. GINGER– A super spice and a powerful anti-oxidant. Rich source of Vitamin B and folic acid, not only helps in relieving stomach ailments related to digestion, but also fights back the whole list of cold-related symptoms.
3. TURMERIC– A powerful anti-inflammatory and a good source of Vitamin B6. It has both body and brain benefits! Try ½ teaspoon of turmeric in milk and boil it! (A simple recipe used in many Indian Households). Strain out the turmeric and drink this milk .This recipe can soothe inflammation, diarrhea (use non-fat milk), strengthen bones and fight free radicals.
4. CAYENNE PEPPER– Loaded with vitamins, minerals and has anti-allergens. It improves the blood circulation and keeps the body warm!
5. ORANGES– Again incredible source of Vitamin C & Vitamin A. Oranges are real Cold-fighters!